Lemon Cream Cheese CakeFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 8 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup shortening shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated lemons, rind of shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 10' Bundt Pan.
- In large mixing bowl, blend cream cheese and shortening until creamy.
- Beat in 1 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Add lemon peel, flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
- Blend at low speed just until thoroughly blended, scraping bowl
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan and bake 45-50 minutes .
- Glaze: Combine lemon juice and 1/3 cup sugar.
- Pour over hot cake, allowing it to run down edges between cake and pan.
- Cool 30 minutes, then remove cake from pan.
- If desired, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating7 people
I have made this and it's great! ^5, midge.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
wow love this lemon cream cheese cake great post thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love anything lemon, and the lemon glaze on this would definitely addd to that lemon "zing" - gotta add this one to my list!krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Party Food316 members
All Holidays135 members
Bake Sale126 members
The Pound Cake Lover In You30 members
Lemon Lovers166 members
Cakes Of Any Type142 members
Cake OLicious60 members
Desserts Desserts Everywhere48 members