Home Fried Cheese SticksFrom mis7up 6 years ago
How to make it
- Unwrap string cheese out of it's plastic wrapping. Cut string in half. This well give you 48 cheese sticks when prepared. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside. In one small bowl scramble eggs thoroughly. And in a shallow baking or casserole dish place bread crumbs.
- Dip cheese into the egg mixture, then into bread crumbs. Coat thoroughly and well covered. Place on parchment lined pan. Repeat until all is coated. Let set for a few minutes to dry slightly. Repeat process to have 2 full coatings on cheese. Freeze in a freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil when ready to fry. Cook until breading is a nice crisp golden brown, around 5-8 minutes depending on frying method and temp. Shake off excess grease and drain on paper towels. Cool Slightly and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Makes 48 cheese sticks, store unfried cheese sticks in a freezer storage bag in the freezer. Freezes up to 6 months easily.
- NOTES: When coating cheese a 2nd time, I make sure that I've coated every wet spot of the breading to insure even coats.
- Best if Frozen when you fry the cheese sticks to insure that cheese holds up to the hot tempertures of the grease. This will allow them to hold shape and not instantly spread and melt every where.
People Who Like This Dish 27
The Cookmis7up Fort Sill, OK
The Rating10 people
this does sound simple and everyone loves fried cheese. got company this weekend i think i will make some up and freeze them and make them when they are here thanks always looking for a way to save money and time.thanksmaywest in Tangerine loved it
Oh, wow, how easy and yummy looking is that! An easy 5 from me, can't wait to make these babies!juels in Clayton loved it
This sounds yummy and so easy. I will give them a try and hope I don't mess them up. I know they're great with Marinara Sauce. Thanks.gapeach55 in Covington loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!