Roast Chicken with Pancetta and OlivesFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 2 3 1/2 pound chickens, each cut into 12 pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thyme, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes shopping list
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 2 1/4" thick slices pancetta in 1" pieces shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 24 oil-cured black olives shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F with rack in middle.
- Toss chicken with oil, thyme, rosemary, sea salt, red pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon pepper, rubbing mixture into chicken.
- Arrange chicken skin side up in one layer in a 17x11" four-sided pan.
- Scatter garlic and pancetta on top and roast until chicken begins to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Drizzle wine over chicken and roast 8 minutes more.
- Scatter olives over chicken and roast until skin is golden brown and chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cooks' note: To cut a chicken into 12 pieces, remove wings and cut each breast half into 3 pieces. Then separate drumsticks and thighs. Backbones can be used to make chicken stock.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating5 people
Sounds fabulous...I love olives!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
WHAT A GREEEEEAT POST! THIS ONE GETS THE 5 DRUMSTICKS WITH THE 5 FORKS!txbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
I'll put my five olives on those forks! Great post!markeverett in Riverside loved it