Sour Cream Banana BreadFrom henrie 4 years ago
- 1 c. butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. bananas, mashed shopping list
- 4 c. flour (plus 2 tbsp.) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 c. sour cream shopping list
- 1 c. chopped walnuts, optional shopping list
- 1 tbls. vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Add bananas and beat.
- Mix dry ingredients together (baking powder, baking soda and flour).
- Add the well-mixed dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in chopped nuts last.
- Pour into 2 large greased and floured loaf pans and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or less at 350 degrees. To test for doneness, insert a sharp knife into center of bread. If it comes out clean, bread is done.
- This bread is very moist and freezes well.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating10 people
This is the one I'm printing for my book...just what I was looking for, since others can be fairly dry...thanks so much!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Does sound wonderful! Looks even better! Will definitely try this, thanks!juels in Clayton loved it
God that sounds so good Henrie. I am going to try this one next time the bananas go brown. Love the sour cream in this one. Thanks as usual.indicatorsrule1 in Gilbert loved it