Tinks Beef Barley And Mushroom SoupFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 12-14 ounces of lean beef chuck for stew......... shopping list
- 4- cups reduced sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2- cups water shopping list
- 1- can ( 14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion shopping list
- 1- small onion chopped shopping list
- 12- ounces- shitake mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 1- large turnip peeled and diced.(or you can use 2 potatoes) shopping list
- 2- large carrots , diced.............. shopping list
- 1- cup barley ( not the quick cooking kind)................ shopping list
- 2-- large shallots, chopped( about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 2 celery stalks chopped shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/2- teaspoon thyme shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1/4- cup snipped fresh dill shopping list
How to make it
- Sear beef until sightly brown..........then add to pot.....
- mix all ingredients except fresh dill in a 4 quart or larger pot or you can use a slow cooker............
- cover and cook on low 7-9 hours until beef and veggies are tender.
- meal in one pot and delicious how easy is that !!!
- to serve snip some fresh dill and add to each bowl or leave it off.............
- serves 6 ............
- now go buy some extra sour dough bread!! or make some great jalapeno cornbread or cornbread sticks yum .........
- make a nice salad and get a glass of wine your choice .............
- whats for dessert you say????........ ok go to ahmeds page here and pick anything his desserts are so fabulous!!!!!!!!! enjoy .......
People Who Like This Dish 10
- smartino Nowhere, Us
- glbaskin Nowhere, Us
- gabriellesmith Nowhere, Us
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- blueeyes68ky Owenton, KY
- trigger MA
- annieamie Los Angeles, US
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- lafella Hammond, LA
- familychef Peterborough, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating8 people
Tink beef Barley soup use to be one of my favorites.... good post... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I love barley soup, and I love mushroom... this is an awesome recipe. Goes straight to the save pile, next cold day this is dinner. But I might do the wine thing while I'm waiting 7-9 hours. Thanks Tinkgagagrits in Irmo loved it
I had to laugh when I saw your recipe here as I made Mushroom/Barley soup last night and Beef and Barley soup the night before. We must be on the same track! Your recipe is excellent and I'm going to try it as its different from my recipe. Thank you ...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it