Squash with Dill -Tejfeles TokfozelekFrom paprikamama 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 lb yellow squash (green squash can be used but peel it ) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- 1 onion, minced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice shopping list
- Sprig fresh or dried dill shopping list
- 2 tsp flour shopping list
- 1/4 C hot water shopping list
- 3 T sour cream shopping list
- 1 bay leaf (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Pare squash,cutin half lenghtwise, remove seeds,
- then half crosswise into pieces about 3" long.
- Place pieces flat on board and cut into thin strips,
- place in bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let stand about 1 hour.
- Lift out of bowl and dry with paper towels.
- Melt butter in skillet, add onionand cook until tender,
- add squash, paprika, sugar,vinegar and snipped dill,
- cover and cook 10 -12 min. Or until tender.
- sprinkle flour over top of squash, gently stir, then cook 2-3 min.
- Pour in water and cook about 1 min.
- Gently stir in sour cream.
- Serve at once.
The Cookpaprikamama Lake Mary, FL
The Rating3 people
What a great recipe, Paprikamama! I made this twice already this summer. I am making it for a third time right now, yum! It is very similar to my mother’s tok fozelek. The only difference is that she would make a roux with paprika and then add ...moredio in loved it
Hmmm a very interesting recipe! I am so glad that you joined, I am enjoying your recipes!tpatti in Wellsville loved it