Apple FrittersFrom ravenseyes 7 years ago
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs (separated) shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 3 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 cups apple (peeled, cored and diced - grannys work real nice)(to keep apples from getting brown make sure to immerse into a cold water bath with 2 tsp of lemon juice or 1 tsp salt) shopping list
- Deep pot and cooking oil to fry fritters shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl add milk and 2 well beaten egg yolks add 1 tsp sugar.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Add to milk and egg mixture.
- Beat your egg whites till they form stiff peaks, fold into the batter.
- Add apples and just fold till all ingredients are well mixed.
- Heat your oil to 350-375 degrees. Make sure your pot is at least 4 inches deep and never over crowd your fritters.
- Drop by teaspoon fulls into fat and fry 2 to 3 minutes flipping once while frying.
- Have a baking sheet lined with paper towels to absorb extra fat - sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
The Cookravenseyes Belcamp, USA 21017
The Rating9 people
You have hit on yet ANOTHER of my favorite things to eat, raven! One year's mountain vacation included daily trips to a supermarket where we bought still-warm apple fritters. Oh, my I need to give you my 5,550 and my thanks for this one, raven.
morelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
I bet these smell soooo good too!! Thanks for sharing an heirloom recipe.jett2whit in Union City loved it
Oh, yes!joe1155 in Munchen loved it