Italian Cream Sheet CakeFrom marthacheves 6 years ago
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened shopping list
- 5 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- icing shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- milk to moisten (2 - 3 Tbl) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spray a quarter sheet cake pan (14 x 10) with non-stick spray
- Whip egg whites until stiff
- In a large bowl cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg yolks one at a time beating after each addition.
- Dissolve baking soda in buttermilk
- Add 1/2 buttermilk, 1/2 flour to butter/sugar/egg mix, beat well
- Add remaining buttermilk and flour, beat well
- Fold in coconut, vanilla egg whites and nuts.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Mix butter and cheese.
- Add sugar, vanilla and enough milk to moisten to a spreading consistency
- Ice completely cooked cake.
- I garnish with coconut and chopped pecans.
The Cookmarthacheves Charlotte, NC
The Rating7 people
Yummers, yummers, yummers. Great post my friend and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh man does this sound good, My sweet tooth is aching, can't wait to try this one...:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
I always have a sweet tooth! This one is a keeper....thanks for sharing.jett2whit in Union City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!