El Pollo CasseroleFrom dianalee27 7 years ago
- 4 chicken breasts, thawed shopping list
- Enough water to cover the chicken in a large pot shopping list
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup (for a lighter version use the 98% fat-free soup) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sage shopping list
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 dozen corn tortillas shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese shopping list
- 1 4 ounce can of mild diced green chilies shopping list
- 1 large onion, diced fine shopping list
- seasoned salt shopping list
How to make it
- Semi boil the chicken until it's done. Discard the bones and skin. Save three cups of the water.
- Shred the chicken into a large bowl. Set aside. In the large pot of chicken stock you just made,
- add the oregano, cumin, sage, garlic powder and soup. Stir well and bring to a boil. Let simmer.
- While chicken is cooking, heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry each tortilla until it is just a little crisp. Add more oil if necesary for each tortilla.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a large casserole dish with butter. Put a layer of 3 tortillas in the bottom of the dish.
- Layer some chicken first; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Add a ladle of soup mixture over the chicken.
- Top with some green chilies, onion and cheeses. Continue adding layers as above until all remaining
- ingredients are used. Bake uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes. Let set for 5 minutes before serving.
The Cookdianalee27 NE
The Rating8 people
Wow, this sounds so unique and different ans oh, so yummy! Kind of like a lasagna, right? 5 forks, thanks for sharing!
P.S. That boy on the picture is so cute!juels in Clayton loved it
Sounds very yummy, going to save this and try it, thanks for the great post....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Sounds delicious and hearty - I love it. Thanks so much for sharing.... :) ~Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!