Brunswick Stew Chicken and Lima Bean StewFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cubed shopping list
- 2 slices bacon in 1" pieces shopping list
- 2 cups onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper in 1/2" strips shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper in 1/2" strips shopping list
- 10 ounces lima beans, thawed if frozen shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, garlic and cayenne in a bowl.
- Add chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Cook bacon.
- Remove to plate to drain.
- Add chicken to pot and cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Add onions, peppers and lima beans and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, vinegar, broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Return bacon to pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stew liquid will thicken to the consistency of gravy.