Powdered Sugar Cut Out CookiesFrom krumkake 6 years ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1½ cups powdered sugar shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon butter flavoring shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2½ cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, powdered sugar, flavoring and extracts.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add dry ingredients and blend all together well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Working with about 1/5 of the dough, roll out dough to ⅛” to ¼” thickness on powdered sugar dusted waxed paper (cut waxed paper to fit on a baking sheet that will fit in your freezer); cut out desired shapes.
- Slide waxed paper onto baking sheet and place in freezer for about 10 minutes; remove pan from freezer and pull scraps of dough away from cut out shapes.
- Place cut outs on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes, until edges of cookies are just barely beginning to turn a golden brown…the thinner the cookie, the quicker it will bake, so watch carefully.
- Repeat this for all of the dough, saving the scraps from each batch until the end, then joining them all together and rolling it out for one last batch.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating7 people
AWE, you had me at the picture. I love the 3 diffrent extracts, and rolling out in powdered sugar, I never put in the freezer before taking off the wax paper, but never too old to learn a new trick. Great recipe Krum and a beauty flag.
(I see yo...moregagagrits in Irmo loved it
Oh how sweet. I love the picture of Maggie. Im sure she will never forget her cookie baking times with Grandma! These cookies sound great..they can melt in my mouth any ole time!michellem in Idaho loved it
You couldn't have found a better picture for this delighful recipe! Sounds easy and yummy!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!