Apple Pecan Layer CakeFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- For cake ......... shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup applesauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup oil shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- apple Brown butter frosting ........... shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter (do not use margarine) shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 6 to 8 tablespoons apple juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; mix well. Add applesauce, oil and eggs; blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into greased and floured pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool 45 minutes or until completely cooled.
- In small heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat butter until light golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool. In large bowl, combine powdered sugar, 4 tablespoons of the apple juice and the browned butter; blend at low speed until moistened. Continue beating until well blended, adding additional apple juice for desired spreading consistency.
- To assemble cake, place 1 cake layer, top side down, on serving plate; spread evenly with about 1/4 of frosting. Top with remaining cake layer, top 1/4 of frosting. Top with remaining cake layer, top side up. Spread sides and top of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with purchased brittle, if desired.
The Cookbluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
The Rating8 people
All I can say is yummmmmm.....saved!aussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
OH, Blue you've done it again, this sounds amazing, going right to the short pile....:)gagagrits in Irmo loved it
I agree, you have definitely done it again. Fantastic sounding decadent cake and a beautiful picture. Great post my friend and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!