Crockpot Green Rice CasseroleFrom notyourmomma 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups of evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup of melted butter shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 3 cups of cooked long grain rice shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of finely chopped spinach (I use 2 boxes of defrosted frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry and chopped again) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of minced scallions shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of white pepper shopping list
- several grates of fresh nutmeg...about 1/4 tsp. shopping list
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Combine evaporated milk, butter and eggs.
- Beat until frothy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Grease the slow cooker insert.
- Transfer ingredients to slow cooker, cover and cook on high for one hour.
- Turn to low and cook another 4 to 6 hours.
- I recommend stirring a few times the first hour.
- Once you turn it to low, it doesn't need to be messed with.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Sounds wonderful! I'm always searching for new ways to include spinach. And the addition of nutmeg has sparked my interest even more. I hope to be making this soon! :)lori4flavor in Chicago loved it
Oh Tina - this sounds marvelous, flavorful, comforting and easy. I've been using my crockpot more in the past year or so and this is a perfect recipe for it. HIgh 5, hon - thanks so much! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
This really does sound good...thanks for sharing it!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!