Banana Coconut CakeFrom dariana 7 years ago
- cake Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package spice or carrot cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 large (2/3 cup) ripe banana, mashed shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut shopping list
- ======================== shopping list
- frosting Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract or vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two (9-inch) round cake pans. Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, 1 cup water, banana and eggs in large bowl. Beat as directed on package. Stir in 3/4 cup coconut by hand.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. (Run knife around side of pans before removing.) Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine 2 cups powdered sugar, butter, milk and extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Gradually add remaining powdered sugar, mixing until well blended.
- Place 1 cake layer onto serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Cover with second cake layer; spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating4 people
I'm going to make this Sunday for a brunch I'm having.helewes in Newton loved it
This was a lovely cake at my brunch. Sliced thin it went in less than a half hour. 2 of my sweet tooth friends started out with the cake. I feel the banana really adds moistness and texture. I used the carrot mix. Thanks for this lovely...morehelewes in Newton loved it
Made this yesterday and there's only about a quarter of it left! Very nice with a tall glass of cold milk.eleven in Fort Payne loved it