Coconut Shrimp with Apricot Dipping SauceFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 can (14 ounces) light coconut milk, divided shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked medium shrimp shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs shopping list
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, lightly toasted shopping list
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Place 2 tablespoons coconut milk in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the jalapeno, cilantro and
- remaining coconut milk.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on.
- Add to bag; seal and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the egg whites.
- In a third bowl, combine bread crumbs and coconut.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Dip shrimp in flour and egg whites, then roll in crumb
- Place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, add preserves and mustard to the reserved coconut milk.
- Serve with shrimp. Yield: 5 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
I LOVE coconut shrimp and the apricot dipping sauce here maes this recipe that much better. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
great post... love coconut shrimp... and the apricot sauce is a nice dip...peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Comfort Foods770 members
Fish And Seafood308 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Short Cut Cooking221 members
Low Carb111 members
All Holidays135 members
Appetizers And Dips268 members
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb121 members
Healthy Baking123 members
Cilantro Lovers130 members