Classic Reuben SandwichFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp chili sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish shopping list
- pepper to taste (no additional salt needed, as corned beef is salty enough) shopping list
- 8 slices sourdough rye bread shopping list
- 1/2 cup well-drained sauerkraut shopping list
- 8 slices cooked corned beef shopping list
- 8 slices swiss cheese shopping list
- butter, softened for spreading shopping list
How to make it
- For the dressing combine:
- sour cream,
- chili sauce
- blend until smooth.
- Spread dressing on each slice of bread.
- Spread about 2 tbsp of sauerkraut onto 4 slices of bread.
- Top each with 2 slices corned beef, 2 slices swiss cheese and cover with the remaining 4 slices bread.
- Butter both sides of each sandwich.
- Heat a griddle or skillet and cook on both sides until lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating8 people
I'll need to make this for my hubby this weekend for sure, elaine! My thanks and my five.
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
This sandwich is like a comfort food for me! Love your version, the dressing sounds delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
A favorite of mine for sure! I love the sound of your dressing for this sandwich. Much better than using the bottled version!meals4abby in Valders loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!