Steak Au Poivre In Brandy Cream Sauce Wtih Blue Cheese CrumblesFrom sparow64 8 years ago
- 4 (4 oz) filets of beef tenderloin shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 4 tbsp. ground black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 tbsp. fresh minced rosemary shopping list
- 2 tsp. minced shallots shopping list
- 2 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/ 8cup brandy shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tbsp. demi glaze shopping list
- 1/8 cup blue cheese crumbles shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl combine peppercorns and dust each filet on all sides, remove filets to plate.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan on medium heat, carefully sear filets on both sides, about 1 minute each (for rare), then remove from pan, reserving juices in pan.
- In the same hot pan with juices combine butter, shallots, garlic and sauté until slightly browned then carefully deglaze pan with brandy.
- Add rosemary, heavy cream, Dijon mustard, and salt.
- Reduce until slightly thickened and adjust for salt.
- Arrange filets on plate, top with sauce and garnish with blue cheese and enjoy.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating4 people
Oh, this is wonderful and a combination of my favorite flavors. Brava!notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I just love this! Pepper is great but pepper and tenderloin is out of this world and youu brought it to another level. Thanks
Victoriavictoriaregina in USA loved it