Apple and Blackberry Cobbler SconesFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1 g packs frozen apple and blackberries shopping list
- 150 ml water, ( 1/4 pint) shopping list
- 50 g caster sugar, (2oz) shopping list
- 1 g carton mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 250 g self raising flour, (8oz) shopping list
- 50 g soft light brown sugar, (2oz) shopping list
- 125 g butter, (4oz) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk or milk, (3 to 4) shopping list
How to make it
- Place the apple and blackberry in a saucepan with the water and caster sugar.
- Bring gently to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes to just tenderise the fruit.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a deep round ovenproof dish such as a souffle dish.
- Preheat the oven to 190 C, 375 F, Gas Mark 5.
- Place large spoonfuls of mascarpone cheese on the apple and blackberry mixture, keeping them separate where possible.
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl, stir in the sugar then rub in the butter.
- Add the cinnamon.
- Stir the buttermilk or milk into the scone mixture to form a soft dough.
- Divide the mixture into eight and using two spoons place the rounds of mixture onto the apple and blackberry, mascarpone mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the scones are well risen and golden brown.