Easy Meatball LasagnaFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 1 package of lasagna noodles (I use the no boil kind) shopping list
- 2 lb. cans of Italian tomatoes shopping list
- 2 - 6 ounce cans of tomato paste shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp of salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp of oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of marjoram shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs. of hot italian sausage, sliced shopping list
- 3 lbs. of ground chuck shopping list
- 6 slices bread, soaked in water shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each of salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder shopping list
- 2 lbs. of ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 lb. of mozzarella cheese grated shopping list
- Enough Parmesan to cover shopping list
How to make it
- Combine tomates, tomato paste, oregano and salt.
- Simmer on low.
- Fry hot sausage, remove and save fat.
- Blend ground chuck, bread, eggs and seasonings together;
- Form into 3 inch balls.
- Brown in sausage fat.
- Add onion and cook in the pan after the meatballs and add to the simmering sauce. (addition that my mom did not do.)
- I like onion and lots of them in my sauces.
- In a deep 13 x 9 roasting pan, spray with cooking spray, you will thank me later.
- Take two scant spoonfuls of sauce and put on the bottom of the sprayed pan.
- Place half ot noodles, spread with half of the Ricotta and sprinkle with half of the mozzarella cheese, then half of the sausage and meatballs.
- Spoon half of the tomato sauce over all.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover tightly with foil and allow to rest in the refrigerator for a half hour.
- Preheat ove to 375.
- Check lasagna noodles before you put in the oven, if it has sucked up all the liquid....add a touch of water, or wine, to moisten. Your preference.
- Bake covered 30 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Cover generously with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake another 15 minutes to make the crusty cheesy top.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!