Lime Shortbread Cookies With White Chocolate And AlmondsFrom conner909 7 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled, unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- (I used salted butter) shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons finely grated lime peel (aka zest), divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (3.5 oz.) bar high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Perugina), finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan.
- Blend flour, sugar and salt in a food processor.
- Add butter, 2 Tablespoons lime peel, and vanilla; process until blended and dough forms clumps.
- Press evenly into prepared baking pan.
- Pierce dough all over with a fork.
- Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 12 squares, cutting through dough completely, then cut each square in half on diagonal, forming 24 triangles total.
- Bake shortbread until golden brown, crisp around edges and firm to the touch , about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Using sharp knife, immediately recut shortbread, gently separating the triangles.
- Cool shortbread in pan on rack.
- Place white chocolate in small metal bowl.
- Set bowl over small saucepan of gently simmering water and stir just until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Remove bowl from over water.
- Using a fork, drizzle melted chocolate in a zigzag pattern over the shortbread.
- Sprinkle evenly with almonds and remaining 1 Tablespoon lime peel.
- Let stand until chocolate sets, about 1 hour.
The Cookconner909 Southern Calif., CA
The Rating5 people
Oh, I love the combination of flavors here. I adore those lime cooler cookies and this sounds like a "cut above" the rest. Wonderful post.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Great post, these sound really good. Thanks for sharing, you have my 5.henrie in Savannah loved it
Mmmmm...these sound really yummy! I will listen to you and definitely give these a try!juels in Clayton loved it