Penne with Sausage Basil and MustardFrom borinda 8 years ago
- 1 pound penne shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 pound italian sausage meat, out of the casings and crumbled shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (more to drink while cooking) shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. whole grain mustard shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 cup julienned fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot cook the penne per package directions until just al dente. Remember, until it's drained it's still cooking.
- To julienne the fresh basil - roll it into a log and make thin crosswise cuts.
- In a large skillet heat the oil.
- Add in the sausage and cook over a medium heat until it's browned. Add the wine (which will deglaze the pan and make it easy to clean later while adding flavor to your sauce, too.) Simmer until it's reduced by half.
- Mix in the cream, grainy mustard, and pepper flakes and simmer for just a couple of minutes to heat through.
- Stir the sauce into the pasta.
- Sprinkle the fresh basil on top.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating6 people
Yum. I'm glad you shared this one my friend. Love everything about this recipe. Will be making soon. Great post and a very high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Awesome! There's a guy at my local farmer's market who sells wonderful turkey sausages, including an Italian sausage. So I could even make a reduced-fat version of this tasty sounding dish! I never thought of putting mustard with pasta before. Thank...morewaterlily in Joplin loved it
Love creamy sauces and this one is unique with the mustard addition! Thanks for sharing!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!