Coconut Cream Tarts With Macadamia Nut CrustsFrom lacrenshaw 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut, divided shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine, cut up shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Stir together 1/3 cup flour and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Whisk in eggs.
- Cook milk in a heavy saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Gradually whisk about 1/4 of hot milk into egg mixture.
- Add egg mixture into remaining hot milk, whisking constantly.
- Cook over medium high heat, whisking constantly, 5 to 6 minutes OR until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 cup of coconut.
- Cover and chill 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake remaining 1/2 cup coconut in a shallow pan at 350 degrees F, stirring occasionally for 5 to 6 minutes OR until toasted.
- Set aside.
- Pulse 2 1/2 cups flour and butter in food processor until crumbly.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and pulse 30 seconds OR until dough forms a ball.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- Knead in nuts.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions.
- Press each portion into a 3 to 4" tart pan.
- Prick bottom with a fork.
- Place tart pan on a jelly roll pan.
- Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
- Bake tarts on jelly roll pan for 15 to 20 minutes OR until golden.
- Cool in tart pans 5 minutes and cool completely on wire rack.
- Spoon coconut custard mixture into tart shells.
- Beat whipping cream and 3 tablespoons sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Dollop OR pipe onto tarts.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chill until serving.
People Who Like This Dish 5
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating7 people
YUMMMMMMM!! Sounds delish!! HIGH FIVE, Lorraine, and thank you, dear! :+Dchefelaine in Muskoka loved it
Saving this recipe! The filling here sounds divine!juels in Clayton loved it
great recipekarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it