Southwestern Cheese-stuffed Chicken Roll-UpsFrom gagagrits 8 years ago
- 1 container (8 oz) chives-and-onion cream cheese spread shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup drained pickled jalapeno slices (from 12oz. jar) shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned (drained) whole kernel corn shopping list
- 6 taco shell (from .6-oz box) coarsely broken (I used crumbled Doritos) shopping list
- 3/4 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 4 boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 Tbs. unsalted melted butter shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 3 Tbs. honey shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese blend shopping list
- 1 2/3 cup thick chunky salsa shopping list
- 2/3 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, garlic powder, jalapenos and corn: set aside.
- Place broken taco shell in resealable food-storage plastic bag: seal bag. Crush taco shells with rolling pin until coarsely ground. ( Or, you can use food processor for this step) Pour crumbs in bowl and stir in chili powder.
- Flatten chicken breast to about 1/4 inch thick.(either with a rolling pin or mallet)
- Brush melted butter over one side of each chicken breast.
- Place about 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture on center of buttered side of each chicken breast; roll up chicken.
- Pour buttermilk into shallow dish. Dip chicken rolls in buttermilk, then coat with crumb mixture. Insert toothpick to secure. Place in ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Drizzle with honey.
- Bake 35 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Sprinkle with Mexican cheese blend Bake 4 to 5 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream
People Who Like This Dish 8
- optimistic1_2 Guelph, CA
- bluewaterandsand GAFFNEY, SC
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- krumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- juels Clayton, NC
- dooley Crossroads, TX
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- charrm1 Gatineau, Canada
- grumpybaker Jacksonville, OR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookgagagrits Irmo, SC
The Rating10 people
Sounds wonderful, can't wait to try these! 5!dooley in Crossroads loved it
ohhh wow this really looks very good i must try this version thank you
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yummo! This is so different and delicious sounding! So love the stuffing here! Beautiful picture!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!