Delicious Lemon Buttermilk CookiesFrom michellem 7 years ago
- lemon buttermilk cookies Adapted from Gourmet (This is a half batch, it made about 30 cookies) shopping list
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- Zest of two lemons (I added extra) shopping list
- ¼ tsp. baking soda shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. (3 oz.) unsalted butter, at room temperature shopping list
- ¾ cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup well-shaken buttermilk shopping list
- For the glaze: shopping list
- ¾ cup confectioners sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1 ½ Tbsp. well-shaken buttermilk shopping list
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract lemon zest (I added this) shopping list
How to make it
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, zest, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter briefly, until creamy. Add the sugar, and beat until pale and fluffy. Add the egg, and beat well to mix. Add the vanilla, and beat briefly again. Mix in the flour mixture and the buttermilk in batches at low speed, beginning and ending with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Drop the dough by level tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 ½ inches between each cookie. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, for about 11 minutes per batch. Cool the cookies on the baking sheet for 1 minute; then transfer them to a wire rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together the sifted confectioners sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla. I also added in lemon zest. Brush or spoon the glaze onto the warm cookies. Allow cookies to sit on the rack until the glaze is set.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating10 people
These look and sound amazing! I love lemon flavor, and can almost taste these guys already! Nice glaze here, too!juels in Clayton loved it
Oh Michelle, those are definitely going to be in the oven as soon as I'm back in the kitchen again - those look fantastic! Erin's right - the glaze is similar to the cookie she made for the cookie exchange, and that lemon glaze is what made them soo...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
I'm saving this recipe! I can't seem to get away from these great cookie recipes and your recipe sounds delicious! Thanks so much for posting your recipe here!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!