homemade CORN SYRUP SUBSTITUTEFrom peetabear 5 years ago
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy, large pan. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and put cover on it for 3 minutes to get sugar crystals off the sides of the pan. Uncover and cook until it reaches soft ball stage. 235 degrees... Stir often.
- Cool syrup and store in a covered container at room temperature. It will keep for about 2 months. Makes almost 2 cups
People Who Like This Dish 16
- poohbearlovesheavymetal Millville, CA
- desertmorning Palmdale, CA
- bigone67 Nowhere, Us
- ningnomaningnong Christchurch, NZ
- cherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- quaziefly ALL POINTS
- gagagrits Irmo, SC
- coubay Maryborough, AU
- grammasherri McClure, OH
- Plus 6 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating12 people
Always nice to have substitute recipe on file. Thanks.momoften in nowhere loved it
You are such a kind person to do this, and I go along with momo.....gagagrits in Irmo loved it
Wow incredible love this subsitute thanks and high5 plus thanks.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!