Asian Stuffed PeppersFrom sandysunshine 5 years ago
- 2 green bell peppers, tops and seeds removed shopping list
- ½ lb. ground beef shopping list
- ½ c. long grain white rice shopping list
- 1c. water + 2/3 c. water (separated) shopping list
- 1/3 c. low sodium soy sauce shopping list
- ½ can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes + 1/3 c. of the juice shopping list
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/8 c. large shred carrots shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- ½ tbsp minced ginger + 1 tsp grated ginger (I used 1 tbsp minced because I really like ginger, but I would suggest starting with ½ tbsp and adding more to your liking) shopping list
- ½ tbsp toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cook ½ c. rice in 1 c. water according to directions, set aside.
- In a large pot add enough water to cover peppers and bring to a boil.
- Boil peppers for 5 minutes and remove from water. Set aside to cool.
- Brown the meat with shallot, carrots, and ginger.
- In a small saucepan combine soy sauce, tomato juice, 2/3 c. water, honey, sesame seeds, and a little ground black pepper.
- Simmer sauce for 5 minutes.
- Once beef is done, drain any fat and add the tomatoes.
- Heat beef mixture and add rice.
- Place peppers in a 9x9 baking dish.
- Fill peppers halfway with beef mixture.
- Add juice to cover.
- Fill peppers to the top and cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover pan with foil (try to tent it so the foil is not touching the peppers).
- Cook 30-35 minutes until peppers are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooksandysunshine Blaine, MN
The Rating8 people
Love the Asian flare going on here, great idea for stuffed peppers!juels in Clayton loved it
love stuffed peppers these sound good thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Fantastic! I loveeeeee stuffed peppers!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!