Homemade Curry With ShrimpFrom juels 5 years ago
- 12 oz. extra firm tofu shopping list
- 3 tbsp. dark soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. Chilli sauce shopping list
- 1-inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated shopping list
- 1/2 lb. cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen) shopping list
- 1/2 lb. broccoli florets (fresh or frozen) shopping list
- 4 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cups coconut milk, or 2 cups coconut milk + 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, sliced in strips shopping list
- 12 oz. green beans, halved shopping list
- 3.5 oz Shitake mushrooms, halved shopping list
- 2 cups medium shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 2 green onions, chopped, for garnish (optional) shopping list
- For The Homemade Curry Paste: shopping list
- 4 chillies, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 lemon grass stalks, chopped, or 1 tbsp. lemon grass paste shopping list
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, or sub with 1 tbsp. lime juice shopping list
- 4 tsp. ground coriander shopping list
- a small handful fresh cilantro sprigs, including the stalks shopping list
- 3 tbsp. water shopping list
How to make it
- Place Tofu slices in a small bowl. Mix together soy sauce, sesame oil, chilli sauce and ginger and pour over Tofu. Let marinade while preparing the rest.
- To make the curry paste, blend the chopped chillies, lemon grass, Kaffir lime leaves, ground coriander and fresh cilantro in a food processor for a few seconds. Add 3 tbsp. water and process to a thick paste. Note*: if using lime juice instead of Kaffir lime leaves, add 2 tbsp. water instead of 3.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or a deep frying pan. Add chopped onions and cook until soft, for about 6 minutes. Stir in the peppers, green beans, cauliflower, and broccoli. Cook and stir until vegetables are almost done, but still retain their color.
- Add mushrooms, shrimp and marinated Tofu. Reserve the Tofu marinade. Cook and stir for another 5 minutes, or until the shrimp turns a nice pink color. Transfer the vegetable-shrimp mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
- In the same wok, stir fry the curry paste for 1 minute. Stir in the coconut milk, reserved Tofu marinade, add water and bring to a boil. Reduce the coconut mixture by cooking it rapidly over medium-high heat until 1 cup remains and the mixture is somewhat thickened.
- Transfer the vegetable-shrimp mixture back to the wok and coat with the coconut curry sauce. Cook and stir another minute, or until heated through. Sprinkle with chopped green onions if desired. Serve with rice or Asian noodles.
The Cookjuels Clayton, NC
The Rating9 people
Sounds wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Awesome! Love All Of The Flavors Goin On In There! Gotta Try. What Kind Of Chilies Did You Use?
Steffgoblue434 in Anniston loved it
Wow girl you really do it when you do it. This is truley homemade, I have never made my own curry. All the veggies and flavors going on here is really something to be proud of, Great Post.
gagagrits in Irmo loved it