Dandelion SoupFrom scearley 7 years ago
- 6 c chicken stock shopping list
- 4 c dandelion leaves (from young plants) shopping list
- 4 small white potatoes shopping list
- 2 carrots shopping list
- 1 stalk celery shopping list
- 4 leeks (white part only) shopping list
- 1 c fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 c heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- 4 Tbsp butter shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring stock to a boil in a large soup pot.
- Wash dandelion leaves and add them to the stock.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove stock from heat, cool, and strain stock.
- Discard the leaves.
- Returning the stock to the kettle, and simmer until it boils.
- While it begins to boil, add peeled and sliced potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced carrots, thinly sliced celery, and leeks cut into 1/4" pieces.
- After one hour, wash and dry the mushrooms, cut into slices and add to soup.
- Simmer 10 minutes, then add both creams and butter.
- Stir unti lbutter has melted and soup is heated through.
- Add salt to taste, and garnish with fresh ground black pepper.
The Cookscearley Federal Way, WA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!