Chicken Cilantro SoupFrom mommyluvs2cook 8 years ago
- cooked chicken carcass shopping list
- 3 carrots shopping list
- 3 celery stalks shopping list
- one whole onion cut into chunks shopping list
- 10 black peppercorns shopping list
- 3 chicken breast, cooked and chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 can (28 ounce) Italian plum tomatoes, with juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried or 2 tsp. fresh oregano shopping list
- cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Place carcass in a soup pot and cover with water. Add carrots, celery onion and peppercorns and salt to taste. Heat to boil, then lower heat and simmer 3 hours.
- Strain broth and discard vegies. Refrigerate broth about 4 hours and skim off fat. Return to stove over medium heat.
- Roughly chop tomatoes and add to the broth with their juice. Add oregano, cooked chicken and any additional salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes them serve with a sprinkle of cilantro.