English Muffin LoavesFrom lacrenshaw 7 years ago
How to make it
- Combine 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, salt and baking soda in a mixer bowl.
- Heat water and milk together in a saucepan until very warm, 120 to 130 degrees F..
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and beat well.
- Stir in the rest of the flour, as necessary, to make a stiff dough.
- Spoon batter into two 8-1/2x4" glass loaf pans which have been greased and sprinkled with cornmeal for microwave cooking method OR into two loaf pans, greased and sprinkled for oven baking.
- Let dough rise for 45 minutes OR until doubled.
- Microwave each loaf separately on High for 6 1/2 minutes OR bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.
- **Bread freezes well but does NOT store well.
The Cooklacrenshaw Horsham, PA
The Rating7 people
wow how cool love it lorraine
thanks hon ....how are you????
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
love english muffin breadkarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
AWESOME! thanks for posting. and cool about microwave or oven! I will keep you and hubby in my prayers. ( 5 forks)sunflower48386 in White Lake loved it