Beef Pot RoastFrom dooley 7 years ago
- 3 to 3 1/2 lb boneless beef chuck roast shopping list
- 2 onions, cut into large chunks shopping list
- 2 carrots sliced into 1" pcs. shopping list
- 2-3 stalks celery sliced shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 tbl. olive oil or vegatble oil shopping list
- 2 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- salt/pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 14.5 ounce diced tomatoes (Hunts is by far the best) shopping list
- 3-4 potatoes and 2 more carrots cut up shopping list
- 1 1/2 Tbls. corn starch shopping list
- 2 Tbls. water shopping list
How to make it
- Pre heat oven to 350
- Season roast well with salt and pepper,dredge in flour and shake off excess
- Brown in hot oil on all sides in a dutch oven untill nice and brown
- Take roast out, add chopped veggies and garlic and saute for a few minutes to get them kick started, add 1/2 cup - 1 cup water and deglaze pan alittle (beef broth is good here if you have it)
- Add roast back in pan and add spices, alittle more salt/pepper, tomatoes and water just to cover the top of the roast( again this is where beef broth is great, not the end of the world, water is fine, some like a cup of red wine as well, but the tomatoes really give it a rich flavor)
- Cover and cook for about 3 hrs at 350
- Add some cut up potatoes and couple of more sliced carrots
- Cover and cook another 45min. - 1hr. until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Take out pot roast and veggies onto a serving platter leaving the juices in the pot.
- Mix 1 1/2 Tbls. corn starch with a couple of Tbls. water and add to pot on stove top.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat and simmer 3-4 min. to thicken gravy.
- Serve gravy on the side with meat and vegetables.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookdooley Crossroads, TX
The Rating7 people
Damn it this looks Good!!..Book marked it to try at a later date...Might throw some parsnips in with the mix as well...Thanks..."5"stewie in Winnipeg loved it
As good as it gets.puddlewonderful in Beverly Hills Adjacent loved it
Old timers are the BEST timers, dooley! My thanks and my five.
Keep on teaching!lacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!