Smoky Baked LimasFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 pound dried small lima beans shopping list
- 1 large white onion chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage shopping list
- 1/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 garlic clove crushed shopping list
- 1/4 cup molasses shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In 4 quart saucepan combine beans and 2 quarts water then boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover then let stand 1 hour then add onion and bring to a boil.
- Cover then reduce heat and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Cut several slices smoked sausage and set aside then dice remaining sausage.
- Drain beans and reserve liquid.
- Combine all ingredients except beans and mix well then gently stir in drained cooked beans.
- Bake at 300 for 2 hours adding reserved bean liquid as needed.
- Garnish with reserved sliced sausage.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating9 people
this sounds really good to me.. ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
Yummy; like the sound of this ~ 5 forksaussie_meat_pie in My Kitchen loved it
Another good one...now I have to choose...but what a great choice, thanks!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!