Scalloped Sweet Potatoes And Butternut SquashFrom shandalulu 5 years ago
- 3 Tbsp margarine or butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp flour shopping list
- 2 C milk shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion (Med sized), Chopped shopping list
- 1/2-1 Tbsp fresh sage, Minced shopping list
- 1/4 C asiago cheese, Finely shredded shopping list
- garlic salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 2 Med sweet potatoes shopping list
- 1 Med butternut squash shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- *1/2 C milk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop sweet potatoes and butternut squash in quarters lengthwise, then brush with olive oil.
- When oven is preheated, place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for five minutes. After five minutes is up add the squash to the baking sheet and cook till almost tender and not crispy, about 10-15 minutes.
- While the veggies are baking melt butter in a saucepan with the onions.
- When onions are tender add flour, milk and sage, season to taste with garlic salt and pepper. Stir occasionally.
- When veggies are done remove from oven and let cool so they'll be easier to handle.
- Slice thinly and remove skins (unless you like to come them on.)
- Layer in greased 8x8 baking dish like this; sweet potato, half of the squash, a little less than half the sauce and half of the cheese.
- Then do again with the remaining ingredients to create two layers.
- *If it seems like there is not enough sauce to you after the second layer you can just pour milk over the top to add a little more liquid.
- Cover the baking dish with a lid or foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- When that's up remove the covering and bake for another ten minutes.
The Cookshandalulu West Valley City, UT
The Rating9 people
What a delightful combination, lulu! You get my ^10 and my thanks for this post ~ ~
Lorrainelacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Love both, sweet potatoes and my favorite squash! Can't go wrong.grumpybaker in Jacksonville loved it
thanks for sharing this lovely recipe!chichimonkeyface in Albany loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!