Jalapeno JellyFrom sjohns63 5 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the green bell pepper and 12 jalapeno peppers in the container of a food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped. This can be done in batches, if the peppers do not fit.
- Transfer the peppers to a large saucepan, and stir in the cider vinegar. Bring to a boil, and let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain the mixture through at least 2 layers of cheesecloth, and discard pulp. You should have about 1 cup of liquid.
- Return the liquid to the saucepan, and stir in the salt and sugar until dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When the mixture comes to a rolling boil (one that cannot be stirred down), boil for one minute, then stir in the liquid pectin.
- Stir in the remaining jalapeno peppers (for a spicy jelly add some of the discarded pulp back in now also), and ladle into sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Seal jars in a hot water bath. Refrigerate jelly after seal is broken.
The Cooksjohns63 Saginaw, TX
The Rating7 people
Seems they forgot to play the rating game....I gotcha!! I love this stuff!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Wow!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Great onekarlyn255 in Ypsilanti loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!