Asparagus StrudelFrom minitindel 4 years ago
- 2 -cups water shopping list
- 3/4- pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2- medium leeks (white portion only), thinly sliced shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups butter, divided shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded gruyere or swiss cheese shopping list
- 3 -eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2- tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 2- tablespoons minced fresh parsley shopping list
- 1- tablespoon minced fresh mint shopping list
- 1 -tablespoon minced fresh dill shopping list
- 1/3 -cup sliced almonds, toasted shopping list
- Dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 32 sheets phyllo dough, (14 inches x 9 inches) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil.
- Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes.
- Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water.
- Drain and pat dry. In the same skillet, saute leeks in 1/4 cup butter for 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the asparagus, leeks, cheese, eggs, lemon juice, parsley, mint, dill, almonds and cayenne.
- Melt remaining butter.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface (keep remaining dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to avoid drying out).
- Brush with butter. Repeat layers seven times.
- Spoon a fourth of the vegetable mixture along the short end of dough to within 1 in. of edges.
- Fold long sides 1 in. over filling.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat, making three more strudels.
- Brush tops with remaining butter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4 strudels 8 slices each.
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating12 people
If this taste as good as the picture looks then pass the platter. Thanks for a great post. 5m2googee in Tomball loved it
What a WONDERFUL post from my friend, tink.. you get my 10 and my thanks!
Llacrenshaw in Horsham loved it
Oh YEAH BABY....LOVE this one even if it's NOT a margarita! ha ha ha Hope all is well and have a Happy Easter!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it