Best Ever BrisketFrom jadedmom 7 years ago
How to make it
- Make sure meat is minus as much fat as possible, this will save you time later skimming grease and fat off your gravy.
- Heavily season meat with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Dust with either cajun seasoning or salt
- In a large pan with lid (I use my roaster) spoon cream of mushroom soup at the bottom.
- place a rack over the soup and place meat on it, fattier side up.
- Spoon french onion soup over the meat and around it.
- Cover and cook on 350 degrees for 1 hr.
- Lower oven temp. to 200 degrees and continue to cook for 3 hrs more. Don't remove cover during cooking times!
- Let meat rest or cool for 20-30 min. after removing from pan.
- Slice cross grain with an electric knife.
- Check your gravy in the pan. If seems to thin, cook down some more. If you want extra flavor to it, add the can of beef consumme and cook down to the consistancy you would like.
- It goes a long way, and makes good sandwhiches the next day..or another meal with mashed potatoes, which is how my family likes it.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookjadedmom Baton Rouge, LA
The Rating8 people
This would just melt in your mouth. Brisket is so worth the time it takes...and love this oniony mushroom gravy with it. Thanks a bunch!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I happen to have a couple of briskets sitting in the freezer, looks like a fantastic excuse to thaw one out.
mark555 in Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World loved it
I love anything with a gravy and this sounds great. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!