Balsamic Roasted Beetroot With Garlic And ThymeFrom aimee 9 years ago
- 25 oz raw beetroot, peeled shopping list
- 4 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbs lemon juice shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns, coarsely crushed shopping list
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 4 oz butter, cubed shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the beets in half, or quarters if they're large. Spread the pieces out in a single layer over the base of the roasting tin and tuck in the sprigs of thyme.
- Put the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper into a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the beets and stir to coat each one.
- Sprinkle the cubed butter over the beets and cover the roasting tin.
- Place the beets in a 425 degree oven and roast for about 45 minutes. Use a small, sharp knife to check if they're done. It needs to be tender, but slightly firm in the center.
- Place the beets on a serving plate and drizzle some of the remaining dressing from the roasting tin around it. Add some more sprigs of thyme and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookaimee Studio City, CA
The Rating6 people
I personally adore beets, and this is the single best beet dish I have ever had. It's amazing.edmund in Studio City loved it
I just do not like seeing people get a Rating of a *3* and that isn't nice...this is such a good recipe. It deserves a ^5!pink in USA loved it
a simple but utterly delicious recipe. thanks for sharing!sabropisac in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!