Pot luck Green beansFrom karlyn255 4 years ago
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and drained shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 3 cans (14-1/2 oz. size) green beans, drained shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz. size) green beans, undrained shopping list
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 teaspoon good balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 tablespoons bacon butter pan drippings shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon in pan until done, sprinkling both sides as it cooks with coarse ground pepper.
- Drain on paper towels, set aside.
- Add first measure of butter to bacon grease.
- Add chopped onion and cook slowly over low heat for about 20 minutes until soft and sweet.
- Remove from heat.
- In crock-pot, put drained green beans.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half the bacon, broken into small pieces.
- Sprinkle with half the cooked onions.
- Sprinkle with half of the dark brown sugar.
- Drizzle with half of the bacon and butter drippings from pan.
- Repeat layer, using undrained can of green beans.
- Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar.
- Give all this a VERY gentle fold, folding only 2-3 times.
- Any more, and your green beans will begin to break up.
- Cut up remaining butter into pieces and dot top.
- Cover and heat over high until hot throughout.
- You can also do this on the stove, or even in the oven in a covered casserole dish.
- Serve when it is hot or simmer until ready to serve.
The Cookkarlyn255 Ypsilanti, MI
The Rating7 people
Thank you for this recipe. I was just searching for potluck-style dishes and this one sounds great!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
I'm going to try this with some fresh green beans. It sounds so good!!fishtrippin in Estelline loved it
I love the addition of balsamic vinegar and bacon here.
Five forks and a big smile :)trigger in loved it