Cauliflower Cheese Pie With Potato CrustFrom barmybaker 6 years ago
- For the Crust: shopping list
- 2C (packed) grated raw potato (I love this with yukon gold potatoes, but Idaho bakers will do lovely) shopping list
- 1/4 C grated onion shopping list
- 1/2 t. salt shopping list
- 1 egg white lightly beaten shopping list
- flour for your fingers shopping list
- a little oil shopping list
- For the Filling (I make this while the crust is baking): shopping list
- 1 medium head of cauliflower chopped small shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or butter shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme leaves (I used dry, but if you want to use fresh just up the amount a bit) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 to 1 cup grated cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- The Crust:
- -Heat your oven to 400f.
- -Generously spray a 9 inch pie tin with pan spray (the potato crust does tend to stick).
- -Combine grated potatoes and onion, salt and egg white in a small bowl and mix well.
- -Transfer to the pie pan and pat into place with lightly floured fingers building up the sides into a nice crust.
- -Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven, brush the crust with a little oil and return to bake for about 10 minutes more. The oil will help crisp up the crust a bit. Remove from oven and turn your oven down to 375f.
- The Filling:
- -Heat the olive oil or butter in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic. salt, pepper and thyme, and saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, stir and cover.
- -Cook until tender, stirring occasionally (about 8-10 min.)
- -Spread half the cheese onto the baked crust (it is ok if the crust is still hot). Spoon the sauteed vegetables on top, then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Beat the eggs and milk together, and pour this over the top (this mixture will not completely cover the cauliflower, but it is enough).
- -Bake 35-40 min, or until set. Serve hot or warm.
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookbarmybaker Sheboygan, WI
The Rating7 people
I came by to say thank you for trying and LIKING the sesame noodle recipe and found this gem. Oh yeah...gonna try this out. After reading about the sticking crust, I think I'll try lining the pie plate with that new non-stick Reynolds wrap and see ...moreriverznnd in Nashua loved it
thank you for the recipe. I'm going to try it out this Sunday :). It looks really good, and great for a vegetarian meal.howiej in Stockton loved it
I did it! It came out very nicely, especially using the Reynolds non stick aluminum foil. It was very good. I've added some possible alterations below. Thanks so much for the recipe!
I've put up a couple of photos of the end product. ...moreriverznnd in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!