Wor Su GaiFrom goblue434 7 years ago
- 2 whole chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut in half shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 3 cups chicken broth, homemade or storebought (low-sodium is best) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms (optional) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chicken fat or butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules shopping list
- Batter: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- Remaining Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 cup shredded lettuce shopping list
- 1/3 cup toasted, slivered almonds shopping list
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (green and white parts) shopping list
- oil for deep-frying, as needed shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and sherry and marinate for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, prepare the sauce. Mix together the cornstarch and water in a small saucepan until smooth.
- Gradually mix in the chicken broth, mushrooms (if using), chicken fat or butter, soy sauce, and bouillon granules.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Let boil for 1 minute, and keep warm.
- To prepare batter:
- Beat together the cornstarch, flour, baking powder, egg, and water until smooth.
- Coat each piece of chicken with the batter.
- Heat wok or a large skillet and add oil to a depth of 1/2-inch.
- Heat to 375 degrees.
- Cook coated chicken pieces in oil until they are golden, turning them once. This should take about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Drain the chicken on a tempura rack if you have one, or on paper towels.
- Cut the chicken diagonally into strips.
- Reassemble the strips into chicken breast shapes and place on a bed of shredded lettuce.
- Sprinkle with almonds and green onion.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 13
- mark555 Center Of The World Ma' Center Of The World, KS
- kathystark Nowhere, Us
- caram3lpr1nc3ss Blitzburgh, PA
- baksg1995 Nowhere, Us
- doreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- theoldprof Belleville, CA
- trigger MA
- elle_23 Wilkes Barre, PA
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- shibattou Fort Mohave, AZ.
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookgoblue434 Anniston, AL
The Rating11 people
I've never tried this before, but it sounds sooo goood! Thanks for this unique recipe! Definitely a 5!juels in Clayton loved it
I've never heard of this either but I to agree with Juels, it sounds like the bomb! Definitely a high 5 from me to. It will definitely go in my book of new recipes to try. Thanks for posting it :)donman in Hammond loved it
this sounds wonderful.. love oriental foods... ^5peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!