Italian Buttercream from the Culinary institute of americaFrom peetabear 7 years ago
How to make it
- 1. Combine 1 1/2 cups of the sugar with the water in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Continue cooking without stirring to the soft ball stage (240°F).
- 2. Meanwhile, place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment.
- 3. When the sugar syrup has reached approximately 230°F, whip the egg whites on medium speed to soft peak consistency. Gradually add the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and beat until the egg whites hold to medium peaks.
- 4. When the sugar syrup reaches 240°F, immediately pour it into a heatproof glass measuring cup with a pouring spout. This will allow better control of the flow of the hot syrup into the egg whites. You can also stream the hot syrup into the egg whites directly from the pot, if desired. Pour the sugar syrup into the egg whites with the mixer running on medium speed. As soon as all of the syrup has been added, increase the speed to high and continue to whip until the meringue has cooled to room temperature.
- 5. Add the cubed butter gradually, mixing after each addition until fully incorporated and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Blend in the vanilla. The buttercream is ready for use or may be tightly covered and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating6 people
These sound absolutely decadent! FIVE ++ !quaziefly in ALL POINTS loved it
WOW Peeta this really is super dooper good! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
you got my my 5 too :Dhunnee in Nanaimo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!