Easy Ooey Gooey Peach CobblerFrom sparow64 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease 13x9 baking dish with butter.
- Pour peaches and juice into dish.
- Pour cake mix evenly across fruit layer.
- Gently press down cake mix so that it soaks into the peach juice, but do not stir.
- It is very important to make sure all the cake mix is pressed into the juice, or it will not get “cakey”, but stay “powdery”.
- Drizzle melted butter across cake mix.
- Dust everything with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg (I mix these together and then put it on top).
- Drag knife through mixture to gently combine.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until a golden brown crust appears.
- Note: If they are available by all means use fresh peaches. In a
- saucepan, mix two cups fresh peach slices with one cup sugar and one cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 8 to 10
- minutes, stirring occasionally. An almost equally good product is
- frozen peach slices. Simply follow the instructions for the fresh
- peach slices.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating11 people
Sounds good.sayboya in Adelaide loved it
This is truly excellent, I've made it many times...definitely a 5 forker! It's also wonderful using the canned peach pie filling...I can't find any up here =(...thanks for a great post!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Will have to try, sounds yummy. high 5maureenlaw in ST LOUIS loved it