Meatball and Marinara SubsFrom keni 5 years ago
- Easy Marinara shopping list
- ------------------------- shopping list
- 1 14oz can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 14 oz can Italian style diced tomato shopping list
- 1 14oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- about 2 oz tomato paste(if needed to thicken sauce to desired consistency) shopping list
- 1 small or 1/2 a large onion, diced shopping list
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian herbs, finely chopped(parsley, basil, oregano, etc) shopping list
- 1/2t baking soda shopping list
- sea or kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2T butter or olive oil shopping list
- meatballs shopping list
- ----------------- shopping list
- 1lb ground Italian sausage-mild or hot shopping list
- 1lb ground meat(beef, turkey, venison, or pork) shopping list
- 2 eggs, depending on size shopping list
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- 1T worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 fresh Italian herbs, as above shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese shopping list
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes(optional) shopping list
- 1T dry minced onion shopping list
- 1t garlic powder shopping list
- 8 sub or hoagie style rolls shopping list
- 8 slices provolone cheese shopping list
- 3T melted butter shopping list
- fresh grated parmesan cheese, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion and garlic in butter or oil until tender.
- Combine all remaining marinara ingredients, except tomato paste, in small slow cooker or medium/large saucepan.
- Cook at medium heat, stirring occasionally, until flavors meld. Can cook uncovered to help thicken, or use paste, as needed.
- Combine all meatball ingredients and form into 32 meatballs.
- Place on wire rack, sprayed with no stick spray, over cookie sheet.
- Bake at 425 for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Carefully fold meatballs into marinara.
- Brush insides of rolls with melted butter, and place in cooling oven to toast...about 7 minutes(I open mine and let them rest right on a section of the oven rack so they "hang" on the oven rack, itself)
- To serve, place 2 halves of cheese inside on bottom of roll, place 4 meatballs in roll on top of cheese, and spoon small amount of extra marinara over meatballs.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
The Cookkeni Sweet Home, AL
The Rating7 people
Another mouthwatering recipe! Both the sauce and the meatballs sound delicious!juels in Clayton loved it
This is sooo good! Seems like an overwhelming amount of ingredients but really I had a bunch of them on hand all ready. The sauce is fantastic! I served it with and Italian potato salad and it was perfect! I do think your 180 min. cook time (up t...moremommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it