Cinnamon Bun MuffinsFrom imanalienchef 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 teaspoon active dry or rapid rise yeast shopping list
- 2/3 cup warm milk (100-110F; I used 1% milk) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cubed butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh or ground nutmeg shopping list
- small pinch cloves (optional) shopping list
- icing shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1-2 tbsp milk or cream shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Grease and/or line a muffin tin. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Dissolve the yeast in a measuring cup filled with the warmed milk.
- 2. Combine the milk mixture, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and egg into the flour mixture. Mix everything well, until it’s very smooth. Pour a bit less than 1/4 cup of the batter into each muffin cup in your prepared pan and let rest for 15 minutes.
- 3. While the batter rests, mix together the cubed, room temperature butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a small bowl using a fork or my preferred method, your hands, until all the butter has been incorporated into the sugar and mixture is crumbly.
- 4. Sprinkle the topping evenly onto the rested batter and press the mixture down into the dough with your fingertips. Place pan into a cold oven, then set the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cakes are lightly browned at the edges and the center springs back when lightly pressed. Some of the sugar mixture on top may still be bubbling.
- 5. Cool for at least 30 minutes before whisking the powdered sugar and milk together to form an icing and drizzling it onto the bread. Serve warm if you can, but they’re great at room temperature or cold, too. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave as well. Makes about 12 muffins.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookimanalienchef Appleton, WI
The Rating3 people
Oh goodness, this one is just awesome! Printing it out right now for a definite trial...beautiful too! Well deserved 5 forks for you!
Debdebbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
Nice cinnamony muffin flavor for not having any of the flavorings in the batter. Had trouble with the brown sugar topping running off when the crown rose. Guess I could have packed the topping a little firmer into the batter.
See also morepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!