Lemon BarsFrom luisascatering 4 years ago
- CRUST: shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup confectioner's (powdered or icing) sugar shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 1 cup granulated white sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (approximately two large lemons) shopping list
- 1 tablespoons grated lemon zest (2 lemons) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour shopping list
- TOPPING: shopping list
- Confectioner's (powdered or icing) sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place rack in center of oven. Grease with butter a 8 x 8 inch pan.
- FOR CRUST: In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt and beat until the dough just comes together. Press into the bottom of your greased pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling.
- FOR FILLING: In your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the sugar and eggs until nice and smooth. Add the lemon juice and zest and stir to combine. Fold in the flour. Pour the filling over the shortbread crust and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the filling is set. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- To serve: Cut into squares or triangles and dust with powdered sugar. These are best eaten the day they are made but can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for a day or two.
The Cookluisascatering San Carlos, CA
The Rating5 people
What a refreshing dessert!!! good for our already hot & humid days here. Thanks....petunia97 in Gonzales loved it
Yum, this is a favorite of mine that I haven't made in years! Thanks I'll be making these soon! High 5valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Simply wonderful recipe! I love your serving suggestions, too!juels in Clayton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!