Easy Dixie Skillet Corn BreadFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups enriched white cornmeal shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons of bacon drippin’s or melted real butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Crisco shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 450
- In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, add a tablespoon of Crisco and preheat.
- Sift together dry ingredients; add buttermilk, egg, and drippings, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into the greased, hot skillet.
- Bake in preheated hot oven at 450 for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Yummy, nothing better than good cornbread from the South. You have my 5 forks.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Yes, yes, yes! I love cornbread and this sounds easy and delicious. Thanks for the great post.valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Excellent! I love cornbread that is not sweet!joe1155 in Munchen loved it
Southern Cooks560 members
Muffins, Quick Breads, Scones and Biscuits282 members
Dairy Preparations8 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Family Favorites141 members
Quick Breads72 members
Delicious Foods39 members
Cast Iron Cooking99 members
Cooking With Buttermilk Lactaid Milk23 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members