Crispy Fish Fillets with lemon pecan sauceFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lb Fillets (catfish, snapper,flounder or your favorite) shopping list
- 1 c milk shopping list
- 2 c yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 ts Tabasco shopping list
- 1/2 ts salt shopping list
- 1/4 lb (1 stick) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 c vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 c Chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 c Chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 c Freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- WASH THE FISH FILLETS under cold running water, and place them in a bowl with the milk, Tabasco and salt. Allow them to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Just before cooking, drain the fillets and dredge them in the cornmeal.
- Heat 2 T of the butter and vegetable oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Fry cornmeal covered fillets until crispy and brown, about 2 minutes on a side--don't crowd the pan.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spatula, drain on paper towels. Repeat until all fish is fried. Keep warm.
- Pour grease out of the skillet, and add the remaining butter. Place over medium heat, and when it has melted, add the nuts. Stir constantly while the nuts brown. Add parsley and lemon juice and stir to combine. Pour sauce over fish fillets and serve immediately
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating10 people
mmmmmm sounds good to me!
Would probably use this with snapper. Big 5!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
Oh wow... you got me with pecans. I love pecans. This sounds absolutely delectable. I'm going to try this by next week. Great job!april13 in San Antonio loved it
Always looking for ways to get the kids to eat more fish. Thanks for posting.morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!