Thai Chicken on a StickFrom dmajor 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast shopping list
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons oil shopping list
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar or Chinese vinegar shopping list
- 1 can coconut milk shopping list
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn starch shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 3 cups cooked rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- wooden skewers(soaked for 20 to 30 minutes prior to cooking) shopping list
How to make it
- Slice chicken into long strips
- In a bowl, mix together curry paste, oil, vinegar, coconut milk, and brown sugar.
- Divide curry sauce evenly into two bowls.
- In one bowl mix together sauce with chicken and let marinate for 10 minutes
- Thread chicken on wooden skewers and place on hot grill.
- Cook chicken until well done or about 10 minutes.
- In saucepan, heat remaining curry sauce over med heat.
- Stir together the water and corn starch and add to sauce stirring well.
- Cook over low/med heat until slightly thickened.
- Remove chicken from grill.
- Place rice on serving platter, top with chicken sticks and pour remaining sauce over.
- Sprinkle with green onion slices
- You can decorate the platter with grated coconut or sesame seeds if desired.