Chicken Wild Rice SoupFrom alaskanmom 7 years ago
- 1 6oz pkg. Long grain & wild rice mix shopping list
- 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts, cubed shopping list
- 1/2 lbs. sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced(depending how garlicy you want it) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cans (14 1/2oz) chicken broth (I use the big 49oz one) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk shopping list
- Sliced green onions for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare rice mix according to package directions, omitting the butter.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute chicken, mushrooms, onions & garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink & vegetables are tender. (If using any leftover cooked chicken, just cook the veggies until tender.)
- Add the prepared rice, broth, tarragon , thyme & pepper; bring to a boil. (Add leftover chicken now if using any)
- In a bowl combine the cornstarch & evaporated milk until smooth; stir into rice mixture.
- Return the mixture to a boil; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Garnish with green onions.