Lentil Vegetable SoupFrom prince 8 years ago
- 1/2 c. of red or green lentils shopping list
- 2 c. of shredded cabbage shopping list
- 1 (28 oz.) can of whole peeled tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 c. of chicken broth shopping list
- 3 chopped carrots shopping list
- 1 c. of chopped onion shopping list
- 1 stalk of chopped celery shopping list
- 1 clove of crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. of salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. of curry powder shopping list
How to make it
- First add enough water to fill over half the stockpot.
- Let this come to a boil over medium flame before lowering the flame to low for around 15 min.
- You want to drain the liquid and rinse the lentils.
- Now return the lentils back to pot.
- Next you can add the onion, celery, cabbage, tomatoes, chicken, carrots, and garlic, to the pot.
- Season well with salt, pepper, sugar, basil, thyme, and then the curry.
- Finally, cook all of this for around two hours until it is tender!
The Cookprince Miami, FL
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!